Tel Aviv, Israel, February 1, 2024 – MOV.AI released version 2.4 of its Robotics Engine Platform™, presenting a revolution in Autonomous Mobile Robot productivity in dynamic environments through functionality that drives operational efficiency, reliability, and high uptime.
The promise of Autonomous Mobile Robots (AMRs) in warehouses is undeniable. These tireless, efficient machines can automate dull and dangerous tasks, boost productivity, and optimize workflows. However, integrating AMRs into brownfield facilities designed for human workers presents a unique set of challenges.
Numerous factors reduce AMR uptime, leading to a loss of productivity. Factors range from manual intervention due to robot delocalization, pallet misalignment, emergency stops, and loss of sensor calibration, to suboptimal deployment and navigation planning that create conflicts, inefficient operation, and even malfunctions.
MOV.AI Robotics Engine Platform™ introduces a new level of AMR uptime and reliability, boosting robot utilization rates, and driving up production KPIs
MOV.AI Version 2.4 boosts AMR uptime and ensures KPIs are met by empowering system integrators and fleet operators to:
- Automate and simplify the deployment of AMRs in dynamic environments for higher accuracy with predictable and reliable navigation.
- Gain complete control and real-time insights into the AMR fleet.
- Proactively address issues and minimize downtime for maximum operational efficiency.
Release highlights include:
Enhanced Navigation and Deployment:
- Predictive Navigation: Identify and address potential navigation issues like unexpected loops, backtracking, and sharp turns during deployment, ensuring smooth real-world operation.
- Pallet Pickup: Achieve high picking success rates even with misaligned or non-perfectly positioned pallets, thanks to robust detection and alignment algorithms.
- Automated Periodic Calibration: Reduce downtime by scheduling sensor calibrations within the operational workflow, eliminating the need for dedicated maintenance periods.
Fleet Management and Control:
- Fleet Dashboard Overview & Control: Monitor fleet status, performance, location, tasks, and alerts via a comprehensive dashboard. Easily start/stop individual AMRs or the entire fleet.
- Advanced Alerting System: Receive real-time notifications for critical fleet issues with actionable guidance for swift resolution. Customize alerts and add your own based on specific needs.
- Email Notifications: Stay informed about fleet issues even when away from the UI, ensuring continuous operational awareness.
- Health Monitor: Keep track of individual AMR health with a dedicated dashboard, facilitating proactive maintenance and preventing downtime.
- Robot Recovery: Quickly recover AMRs to service after emergency stops or interruptions using a pre-installed April tag and intuitive UI commands.
- New Logging System: Export detailed logs for efficient root cause analysis of field issues, accelerating resolution by support teams. Robot Manufacturers can create additional logs specific to their AMR software for enhanced diagnosis and support.
Implement MOV.AI Robotics Engine Platform™ on your AMR
The ROS-based Software Platform for Autonomous Mobile Robots provides everything you need in one place: development tools, autonomous navigation and perception algorithms, deployment tools, and fleet management. Slash development costs, reduce deployment time, and maximize operational efficiency.
Organizations can quickly and effectively represent their existing ROS nodes within the MOV.AI IDE, or develop new software.
Contact MOV.AI to learn how you can unlock unparalleled AMR uptime and numerous other benefits.